Laly Mille's Soulful Abstracts Workshop


After such a deep period of non-inspiration in my life, I started taking a few workshops to get that fire going again.  One workshop I want to highlight is the Soulful Abstracts workshop by Laly Mille.  This is one of THE most put together workshops I have taken on-line and I can't say enough about her instruction, content and projects.  It was so well thought out and it was a JOY to take part in.  You can see Laly's courses here Online Art Classes & Workshops — Laly Mille Mixed Media Art.



The challenge for me here was that I had disposed of all my little scraps, both paper and fabric, so I basically had no collage materials to create with here but it worked out.  I pulled some pages from fashion catalogs that I receive in the mail and started to build them.  As I went further, I started to incorporate more stenciling and stamping, Joggles rice papers and some old copies of gel prints that I dug out.  I love the place I was in with these first sets of collages because of the subtle and dreamy feel.  The next pieces started to take on more color.






I think the challenge for me is to work with a limited palette so I don't get that bright "rainbow" effect where lots of colors start working their way in.  I'm having fun with all this exploration and that's all that matters.  Don't over think it!

Margaret








Comments