Recognizing The Messages And Learning To Be Still


To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure this would be the best time to write about this moment in my life, a moment that happened in June 2017, but now I'm thinking, why not?  First, let me state that I recognize myself as a spiritual person now, however that wasn't always the case.  I was (and still am) a very stubborn, hard-headed person who believes she is right about most everything and it wasn't until more recently that I softened my perspective on certain beliefs I had.

I also want to say that it wasn't just this one event in my life that changed my perspective.  I turned 50 last year and many things changed!!!  Not all for the better LOL!  I was kind of free-floating in 2017.  I had kind of lost my direction and wasn't really sure where I was going with my art.  I was trying to figure out just how important it actually was to me and how much effort I wanted to make with it going forward.  

So I gave myself a birthday present.  On June 6th, the day before my 50th birthday, I had an appointment with a Medium named Molly (it's ok, hold all judgments until I get this all out.)  I booked an appointment that was half Reiki session and half reading.  I had never done this before.  Molly was recommended to me by word-of-mouth by a very significant friend of mine and she urged me to do this for myself.  I will provide Molly's contact information at the end of this post.

So, never having done this before I had no idea what to expect.  Well, before I could grasp what was happening, Molly started passing me information at a pretty fast pace.  In hindsight, I should have had this session taped so I would have it forever.  I'm not going to try to convince you of something you think is hogwash or trickery, but some pretty compelling messages were given to me during this session and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind Molly is authentic and that spirits can communicate through her.

That day, I received a number of messages and very clear indications of those spirits who were connecting with me.  It was INCREDIBLE.  But some of the most significant messages came to me from my ex-husband's father.  Why was this so significant?  I had never met him in person.  That's right.  When we got married, I met my mother-in-law for the first time and my father-in-law was wheel-chair bound and unable to travel from Florida.  I had only ever talked to him on the phone.

My marriage ended but my relationship with my ex-husband never really did and we have always stayed in contact.  I remember getting a phone call from him on June 7th, 2016 (my birthday) that his Dad has passed away unexpectedly.  I felt so bad and so guilty that I had never even met my father-in-law.  I know, it sounds awful and I deeply regret that.  Ok, so where is this going?

So here I am, deep into this reading with Molly literally a year after my father-in-law passed away.  The timing of this event didn't even occur to me until later on that day.  My father-in-law, in spirit, was reaching out to me, communicating with me through Molly exactly a year after he passed away, on my birthday.  A man who I had never met in person, only talked to over the phone.

I could go on and on writing about that day and what I learned but the reason I wanted to write about this is to put it out there that my perspective changed that day.  My eyes opened that day.  My heart opened that day and it's been open ever since.  What I learned that day about myself and my beliefs has impacted me every day since.  I am still learning, but in the process I'm trying to BE STILL.  Listen...    

There are many more things that I have discovered in the past year that I will share on my blog in future posts but I wanted to put this one out there.  Each discovery influences some part of the artwork I create and that's why I designed this mug.  My intentions in 2018 are to share some of that inspiration as it happens and the results from it.  Click on the image to go to my shop.


For anyone who is interested in meeting or talking with Molly, here is her information:

Molly Powers, M.Ed.  (Watertown, MA)
Molly@powersofhealing.com
https://powersofhealing.com/

Be still and listen - Margaret



Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, Margaret, what an earth-shaking experience. Thank you so much for sharing it. Your beautiful mug design sums it all up too, right? It's a great reminder... and the mug is just the perfect place to have a positive, mindful message to reflect upon for maximum impact!! XO