Studio Sunday and Rotational Design



Wow!  I can't believe I haven't posted here for a month!  It has been a little hectic and then I was away for the 4th of July.  Still, no excuse!  I am busy writing what I think will turn out to be my first E-Book on Rotational Design with Stencils!  I get more excited about this every day as I experiment with design ideas to show and teach.


This piece that I created yesterday utilizes one of my center shape stencil designs from Medallion Master Template No. 6 and includes free-form rotational design stenciling.  The designs created this way can be used as is or they can be the foundation for much more hand-drawn development.


I have so much to show you that I know will excite you and get you inspired to sink your teeth into this process.  The techniques I show you can be used in conjunction with my Medallion Master Templates, or not.  I will provide you with a list of all the tools you need to get started.  The best part is the more stencils you have to work with, the more opportunities you have to create unlimited designs.


We are going to explore line and shape and push it to the max!  Not all designs need to be circular in nature.  I will provide you with a template you can create yourself as well as easy instructions on how to create designs in other shapes.




There's going to be a whole lot of layering going on, too!  No matter whether you like watercolor, acrylic, colored pencils or other coloring tools, you can use them all with this technique.



And designs can tell stories rather than being beautiful semi-geometric in nature.  I will give you plenty of design ideas and once you get started, you won't be able to stop!


Here are a few more shots of the artwork I created for Zendoodle Workshop Magazine.  




I can't wait to share all this with you so I'm working hard to get it completed but I expect it could take another month.  I will keep you updated of the status.  Thanks as always for reading and I hope you have a magical and creative weekend.

Margaret



Comments

elle said…
I did find the magazine. An unexpected bonus. :0 I really like the top one, Margi. Looking forward to your e-book! Happy summer.
Robbie said…
Your work is so wonderful!!! Just makes me smile and feel good! Beautiful!!! Look forward to 'more'!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Unknown said…
Looking forward to the E book. I have the stencils and need to use them more. Great work Margaret.
Diane said…
These designs are gorgeous. I would love to purchase your ebook and will look for the zentangle magazine as well.
I tried my set of medallion stencils awhile back and need to get them out again. Thanks for the inspiration.
Unknown said…
How is the E book progressing? I bought the magazine and it was great - just more pretty than actually instructional though. Your pages were very nice Margaret and good inspiration.