I transferred the rotational design lines to a piece of silk organza which made it really easy to free-motion stitch. Since the stitching perforated the paper towels so easily, I was able to pull the extra away from the stitching lines under the silk. A little help from tweezers and the little extra pieces came right out.
I've got some variegated silk floss and other great colors that I am going to get started with embellishing. I don't have my plan 100% pulled together yet, but I'm sure I will get something done before next weekend. Maybe I will just let this one grow organically. I'm loving the way the paper towel captures the cool edges and blending of the colors. I've got a whole stash waiting to be used!
Happy Spring and have a great rest of your weekend!