Studio Sunday Watercolor Journal and Magazine Article

Well, I can finally share my exciting news with you!  I am so thrilled to have a new article coming out in the next issue of Zen Doodle Workshop magazine!!!!  I created brand new artwork using my Medallion Master Template stencils with a fun twist and I can't wait for you to see it.  If you haven't yet, check out the two issues of Zen Doodle Workshop that are already available!  I think the new issue will be on the newsstands in May but I will confirm.


Last weekend I was running around between the Cape and Rhode Island dodging snow storms!  I visited my awesome friends at their new east coast apartment in downtown Yarmouth.  What an adorable little town!  Then it was on to Rhode Island to hang with Barbara from Joggles.com for some super creative brainstorming.  I hope to be developing some new products and new stencil designs as well.


I'll provide more details soon!  Barbara is bring in fantastic new watercolor paints by Kuretake Gansai Tambi that were so much fun to work with.  Watch for Joggles to get these in stock because if you love watercolor, you will love these.  The color is intense but you can control how much you use.  I was having fun layering some of the Joggles stencils with the watercolor paints.  I have labeled the images with the names of the Joggles stencils for your information.  I love the Floral Fantasy Mask up top for layering.


The Punchinella Quintet and the two Trios are really great to have on hand for layering stencils in different scales.  The stencil in the background below is great as an all over background.  It looks like a stone path.  I was playing with my Medallion Master Template 6 to see what one of the center stencils would look like layered upon itself with the watercolors and it was so cute that I had to cut it out and use it here.  The color in the background on this page was created using Lindy's sprays and when you look at it up close you can see the sparkles.  It looks so soft and twinkley!


Barbara had some adorable papers so I was experimenting with materials for small collages including Ice Resin paper and burlap ribbon.  I LUV this neutral-toned collage!!!


Barbara cut out a lot of butterflies for me LOL.



These last two pages below are works in process!  Who knows what they will look like a week from now.  I had fun experimenting with color and scale.  If they develop into something good, I will share.



Happy Valentine's Day to all the beautiful hearts and souls out there !!!!

Margaret





Comments