Studio Sunday - Countdown to MARGARET APPLIN DESIGNS STENCIL EXPLOSION

It's been spring-like here this weekend!  I've noticed some bulbs under the windows in the back yard that are starting to come up and waiting for that sign of tiny buds on the tree branches.  It sounds like spring will be exploding all at once and I can't wait!!!



There is going to be a STENCIL EXPLOSION coming soon!  How do you prepare for this sort of thing?  You take inventory of all your supplies; sewing, stitching, painting, collage and drawing tools!!!  You clear your workspace, clean all your brushes, set up your iron, oil your sewing machine, buy new paper and embroidery floss and hunker down.

 
BIG SURPRISE
#1
 

Ok, remember when I took my trip to the CHA Tradeshow in January with Barbara from Joggles.com, quite unexpectedly, I managed to obtain a license agreement for BIG stencils!  Big Big stencils!  These are stencils you will be able to use on furniture, walls and flooring; however, I won't stop there!  I've got ideas brewing and ready to test as the TWO COLLECTIONS, not one but TWO, will be sent to me shortly for testing and approval!  Each COLLECTION will contain 5 (five) designs that coordinate with one another.  This scale will be a lot of fun to work with across different applications and I plan to push the ideas as far as I can. 

The current launch for these 2 COLLECTIONS is expected to be around Memorial Day Weekend.  Don't worry, I'll be sure to spread the news and share everything as soon as it is ready!  Of course, because the imagery in in the final testing phase, I can't show you anything right now as I've got to get my ducks lined up and copyright my designs and prepare all the lovely promotional stuff!

Stay tuned!

BIG SURPRISE
#2
 
My second surprise is that I will also be releasing MY OWN PERSONAL LINE OF STENCILS!!!!  In coordination with my friend and business partner, Barbara at Joggles.com, the first set of MARGARET APPLIN DESIGNS stencils will be out soon and sold exclusively on Joggles.com.  These stencils are DIFFERENT and FUN and INNOVATIVE!  I can't wait to show you and share all my project ideas!  The expected launch date is not concrete as of yet but will be happening VERY SOON!!! 
 
So with everything that is going on here in the studio, that seems to get smaller and smaller with every BIG idea I have, I'm working hard and might be quiet as I'm plugging full-steam-ahead with project ideas and instructional videos and PDFs.  I'm going to be wearing a lot of design hats while still working full-time and you know what that's like! 
 
If any of you follow me on Pinterest, I have two boards that might be of interest to you as I gather ideas to use my new stencils.  Check out my STITCH board as well as my INTERIOR DESIGN IDEAS board. 
 
Stay creative, happy and healthy!!!
 
Margaret


Comments

elle said…
Good for you, Margi. I'll have to start saving up 'cause I do like you and your stencils!!!