Studio Sunday

It's beautiful and sunny in Massachusetts today!  Yesterday we had about 3 inches of snow that melted as soon as the sun appeared which was so uplifting!  The snowbanks are half the size they were and will hopefully shrink out of existence within the next few weeks.

I have lots of bits and pieces to show today.  I am working hard at finishing the work for my secret announcement which will happen in April so I haven't been able to dedicate a lot of time in the studio but that will change soon. 


Based on my post last week, I have ordered fabric from Spoonflower in the design above and I wanted to show you basically where I came up with the shapes that I used for this design.

 
I couldn't find the exact version but before I had combined the background with some writing, the shapes appeared like half moons.  I had made this into a brush in Photoshop that I was considering making up as a rubber stamp.  This image is a few years old at least but when you save your imagery in a digital format, you can always go back and utilize is for current designs.  My plan is to make a top out of the stretch knit and the cotton sateen will become at least one pillow which I am excited to embellish!  The fabric should be here this week so I'll see what I can get done by next weekend.
 
 
Here is a little bit of the experimentation that I did using my painted deli paper.  In this design, the folded seam of the deli paper is more apparent, but it flows in the same linear direction as the background design.  I'm still playing with that image and I want to do more.
 
 
 
I must have been up until 1:00 this morning playing with deli paper and stencils.  I got a bunch of the Tim Holtz Distress Paints from Joggles.com and couldn't wait to spread all that fun color around.  I love the image above that I chopped up and collaged onto watercolor paper.  It's messy and fun!  I'm trying to play digitally with these collages so we'll see what I come up with.

 

 

 
 
Then, looking through older files I came across a design that I converted using the Stamp filter in the Gallery in Photoshop.  I layered this image with some collage pages and totally LUV the southwest kind of look I got.  This could be really cool to build additional southwest images on top of or play with a color instead of the black.
 
 
Of course, I can't just stop with one, I have to push the intensity of the colors and change things up for a different look.  Both of these rock in my book!


 
And lastly, I was drawn in by another older design that I changed up a bunch  and created this which I can totally see on some of the fashions that are coming out now with all the digital photo effects.


There is still much to do today and I have to get at it!  I hope you all have a wonderful creative day and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Margaret
 





Comments

HollyM said…
As usual, your work is so inspirational! I love all of it- the softer deli prints, the photoshopped more intense work and I really look forward to seeing your fabric pieces.