Waiting on Nemo

I think it is hysterical that the big blizzard of 2013 is named Nemo!!  Little fish-big storm????  See what I'm saying?  I'm sure it is probably because "N" was next up in the alphabet, but still :)  My office, as well as so many others, is closing down tomorrow due to the storm.  The blizzard of '78 is famous here because employers let everyone leave early and they all ended up on the highway, stranded as the snow came down fast and hard.  People had to abandon their cars on the highway.


A more recent storm (3 or 4 years ago) had the Boston area gridlocked when the same exact thing happened.  Everyone went to work and school and were released early and commuters and buses filled with school children were all stuck for too many hours in major traffic jams.  I personally spent 4 hours on Rt. 95 that day but I heard about more people stuck for 8 hours.  So hopefully we have learned that the best place to be during a major winter storm is at home warm and safe.  Well, tomorrow, that's where I will be!!!  Perfectly happy in my studio for an entire extra day this weekend!!!  What a gift!

I definitely have a lot to do but I'm thinking I might be adding a new video to my Studio Series Free Videos that you can find a page for on my blog from the top menu bar.  For those who haven't seen them yet, I'm posting them here for your immediate viewing pleasure as I screen print on deli paper and watercolor paper for collage.







Enjoy!
Margaret



Comments

elle said…
ooh, Margi!!! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Excellent. I have been a tad apprehensive of this screen printing and NOW.... The not so good news is that I gave myself a stern talking to yesterday to get my DD's quilt top done. :0 Now I shall be taking my coffee, my bunny slippers and jammies into the playroom and clearing patchwork aside to facilitate making a MESS! oh joy! I shall report back!
elle said…
WOW! A picture (video) is worth a thousand words. Why was I at all uneasy about doing this??? So easy! So much fun! I need to learn to better load up my squeege. But I am thrilled! Can't talk! I'm trying to get Nemo to come this way!!!!!Thanks so very much, Margi! I need some more of those boring screen prints. ;^) I also might need a 'leave of absence' form to give to my patiently waiting DD!