Studio Sunday - STENCILS - CHA 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
(I know, I'm a little late on that one.)  Where have I been???  Right here, working away with my nose to the grindstone.  I am continually challenged by the time I have to dedicate to my passions while balancing my full-time job.  So, I have decided that my "WORD" for 2013 is going to be:

PERSEVERE : to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of counterinfluences, opposition, or discouragement, 
Synonyms: carry onpersistgut it outhang in there
(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary)

Where did this past year go?  It literally flew by for me.  When I look back, I can see why:

  • Moved in January and set up new studio space
  • Articles published in Quilting Arts Magazine (Aug/Sept 2012, Dec/Jan 2013)
  • Article published in Somerset Studio Gallery - Summer 2012
  • Quilting Arts Workshop DVD - taping in Colorado (May)
  • Quilting Arts Workshop DVD Release - "Digital Design for Screen Printing: Creating Mini Canvas Screens for Surface Design" June 2012
  • Separated and filed for divorce :)
  • Moved in August and set up new studio space
  • Cloth Paper Scissors Workshop DVD - taping in Colorado (Nov)
  • Completed e-mag article for Art Journaling Exposed (next issue - February?)
  • Released my first ever stencil designs through StencilGirlProducts.com 
  • and I can't forget about Christmas and New Years!




That takes me to my next news about my STENCILS!!  I have added a tab on my blog here so you can see all my stencil designs as they come out.  To purchase my stencils, please go to the StencilGirlProducts.com site.  So far, my stencils are all 9" x 12" but I have new designs coming very soon in 6" x 6" as well.  I've very excited about this opportunity and can't wait to push out more designs!

I have more stencil news but it is still a secret.  Within a month, I will have a huge announcement so stay tuned......

CHA 2013!!!  OH MY GOSH!!!  For those who are not familiar, the big CHA (Craft and Hobbies Association) tradeshow in Anaheim, CA is where designers, manufacturers and retail all gather to see the newest designs and products.  Even though I am not ready to vend at this prestigious event, I am so totally excited to share that I am attending!!!!  I had a fantastic opportunity presented to me and I fly out next Saturday for a few days.  I'm going to soak in as much as I can about the event and how it all works.  Can't wait to share that trip news with you!!

I just purchased this:  2013 Goal + Intention Kit by Jessica Swift.  I can't wait to lay out all my goals and intentions for 2013 with this fun and colorful kit!  Jessica is an amazing artist and a true inspiration for me.  You can get to her blog, Treasuring, through the link on my blog under "Amazing Artists I Follow" or check out her website here!

I hope you are all staying safe, warm and healthy in this New Year!

Comments

Adrian said…
You've had an amazing year! I hope 2013 is just as much fun. Be well and live each day in gratitude.
You "hang in there" girl...you are going places. I often wonder how you do it all besides having a full-time job. You are amazing!
HollyM said…
Persevere sounds like what you'll be doing this year for sure. It tires me out just reading what you accomplished in 2012! It sounds like you're soon going to need a little balance in your life.
You've hit alot of milestones, for sure, girl. Persevere ~ always! Great word. I'd say you'd done that very well, given all that's happened in the past year alone. You are gonna love CHA I am sure, and can't wait to see what you will create this New Year. Best to you always, Margi... LOVE your art, Margi... and love YOU!
elle said…
If anyone can do it... you are surely a prime contender. It is always with a surprise to look back and see where we started and where we are 365 days later. You have come a long way, baby! Or so the saying goes. I can't imagine you smoking as you have no time. lol Smoking art work, yes. Good for you.
Jenny said…
So excited for you and all your accomplishments this year. I think it is good to make a list like this. We get so bogged down with everyday life, it is easy to forget how far we've come. Congratulations on the stencils and whatever "huge announcement" is to come... can't wait to hear what it is! I also want to hear all about CHA - that's on my creative bucket list to attend. I think I would go out of my mind with all those creative people and all that eye candy!