a few colored ones...
some new screen prints...
my screen drawers are overflowing...
and will soon be re-organized in my new used flat file.
Then I started painting some fabric! On the piece below, after the initial paint had dried, I went back in and screen printed with the new Grid screen, lifting and repositioning as I printed. I love this!
So, in challenging myself to paint some backgrounds on fabric that were similar to this (below) painted background on paper,
I attempted to capture the same look and feel on fabric.
I think the key to this is letting the paint dry before layering more on top after some blending on the first layer. Anyway, I'm coming close to what I had hoped for so I will keep trying!! This one (below) incorporated more water in the application and it does have a cool look but I think I need to go back over with more dry paint effects.
Then, I incorporated stamping over my painted backgrounds. I kinda like it!!
This one is cool but needs a little more green to make it pop.
I had made a goofy stamp and printed on top of some wet fabric to see how the design looked. I probably won't be making much of this print but it is cool in small pieces for stitched collage.
NEW THERMOFAX SCREENS ARE COMING!!!
These are some of my favorite floral images and I decided to make them up larger for quilting and home dec. These images are a full 10" - 11" tall. Below, I printed on on paper that is 9" x 15" and you can see how much of the page it took up. These will be available this week so check back!
Enjoy your weekend! I still have two full days left to create!!! Yay!!!