And this is what they look like now!
I had backed them with a linen blend fabric I had in my stash of dress fabrics and the two-colored weave was great as the blue and green looks great with the reds and oranges. These three are actually glued to a piece of cardboard to keep them flat and I attached white ribbons for them to hang from. Plenty of buttons and a little hand stitching to add details.
This beautiful piece, an ink-jet transfer from paper onto painted cloth, had been laying around in the studio and I began screen printing around the edges and onto a light blue cotton fabric behind it to start building out the initial piece. Well, the paper transfer wasn't the best and I eventually painted over it and started again.
And now it looks completely different as I added a new Thermofax screen image of mine with completely different colors. I may add this piece to a larger size painted canvas and attach it there. Not so sure at the moment.
Every time I begin a collage, I first go to my "dream" box, pull out one of my many fortune cookie fortunes and see if it inspires me. (Yes, I do like Chinese food) LOL. This was a little wood shaker box that I painted and collaged and then drilled holes in so I could pull through the dyed organza ribbon. It's such a cute little thing.
Inside you can see all the fortunes. Also inside is a little bag of these punched paper flowers that were painted and embossed using a stamp and silver embossing powder. I pulled these out to think about using on my light blue collage, but didn't end up using them since a different design took over. So they will return to the box for another time.
Finally, here is a paper collage with one of my Thermofax screens of Queen Anne's Lace and my dots screen as well as another screen that I made from a doodled diamonds. A little fabric was added to the bottom I would like to try to replicate this on fabric directly, but that will be for another day.