Studio Sunday

Here we are at Sunday once again.  With the limited time this weekend that I have had to devote to my creativity I haven't created much to show.  I spent a little time scanning some new images for brushes in PE that I can use in some new layouts so it will be fun to try those.  I used a withering tulip in this layout below.  I am definitely not a "red" person but I've used it in this layout because I was feeling a little disappointed in myself (for various reasons) and frustrated with my inability to capture the attention of a few publications I have been trying to submit artwork to.  The red and black just felt like an emotional release - and it felt good.  The text is unreadable and looks more like texture - but it was necessary to put out there in front of me.  This is what people mean when they say art is very theraputic. 



The good news is that I was able to get my video equipment working (delayed due to user error) and I will be practicing with some videos to share here in the coming months.  And very soon, I will be adding thermofax screens for sale. 

Stay tuned as I will be the monthly featured Guest Artist beginning August 15th over at the 3 Creative Studios blog!  I can't wait and will be working hard at preparing for it.

Comments

Donna said…
I actually like it very much Margaret! The colors are very different for you but they work!!