Hard at work

It feels good to be back in the studio with a full day ahead of me.  I've been playing since 8:00 a.m. and have already done a little fabric painting, and a bunch of hand stitching.  While I was working away, I was watching two new Quilting Arts DVDs, DIY Surface Design with Leslie Tucker Jenison and Mixed-Media Collage:  Working in Layers with Jenn Mason.  Both of these DVDs are fantastic but Jenn's layering with monoprints and collage was my favorite!!!  I highly recommend this one!  Go to the Quilting Arts site to purchase.



Well, my mini quilt hs been coming along.  I added French knots and random stitching in black embroidery floss and then ripped strips of a painted fabric and attached it to the edges using a running stitch and green embroidery floss.  I like the texture and the raw edges! 

This will be one of 10+ that I will be adding to a handmade book.  I'm not sure how much of the book structure will be fabric or paper at this point but as I go along, I'm sure the finished pieces will tell me what to do.  I will continue working away here diligently and will catch up tomorrow!

Comments