Studio Sunday....torn

Studio Sunday, I wait all week for this!  Sometimes the pressure I put on myself to maximize my weekend time renders me frozen.  So I find myself torn today; torn as to where I should create.  Because the elements I use for most of my artwork are generated on paper and digitally to use on fabric, I find myself drawn back to paper and paint.  This is where I will be spending most of my time today.  However, I won't be surprised if near the end of my day I find myself driven to create further.  As my fingers get busy, sometimes my brain will be moving faster and the ideas will start to flow.  I've definitely got project ideas that I really want to dive into but I need a little more stimulation; a little more inspiration to get going.

I'm starting with backgrounds and last night I made a few.  The key word here is "white".  I need more white!  Why, you say?  Because it works really well digitally when creating layers and I am continually trying to soften my look.  Color really energizes me but I need to find a balance in its use in my artwork.  Same with collage; I need to balance my digital collage with creating more collage elements into my experiments on paper and then fabric.  Here are a couple of fresh and soothing backgrounds I'm working on.  Still a lot more development to go.




Enjoy your Sunday and I may post again later with some great stuff!

Comments

Mary C. Nasser said…
LOVE both backgrounds so far!

So glad I found you through the “All Kinds of Artists” Artist blog hop!

I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html
Margaret Applin said…
Hi Mary! Thank you! I'll definitely check out your blog!!!