A Little Mid Week Pick-Me-Up

Here is a spring update from New England - it has been damp and dreary here and we all need a little (or a lot) of sunshine!  Here is a little sunshine from me - if you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE flowers!!!  And I really love them up close!!  So to brighten my day, I went through some recent photos I've taken and decided to pick a few to share with you! 

This first one (not flowers) but VERY FUNNY!!!!  I can't help but laugh hysterically when I look at this picture of my sister's chickens!  She says they are just like dogs; want to be held and patted.  I wonder what was going through their little chicken brains when I took this one???  I think the girls were actually posing!


Anyway (LOL) back to the flowers!  Here is a shot from the tulips that I bought a week or so ago.  I love the way you can see the thin orange edge of the petals.  Well, I can when I have it up on the big screen.  You know these babies feel like velvet and that shade of yellow is so soft and like a perfect glass of lemonade.

 I am always fascinated by the variety of colors that flowers grow in.  This is one of the reasons I love nature so much is because of the colors!  Color first, shapes second.
 Texture!  Lots of texture!  I could sit and stare at this shot of crocus close up for an hour just to study all the tiny fine purple lines against the white of the petals. Yes, I heart this one!


I will be revisting plenty of my flower photos and will be sharing them throughout my blogging.  I hope I spread a little sunshine your way!



Comments