Studio Sunday

Not much creativity going on today in the studio. It was much more of a reorganization day and a little spring cleaning. I'm all for turning the clocks ahead to gain that extra daylight but I think losing that hour is going to really hurt tomorrow morning.

I've kind of been stuck in a slump this weekend because I've been distracted by what has happened in Japan. My company has an office in Tokyo and it kind of brought me closer to what was has been going on. I'm sure we will get updates tomorrow from our contacts there but I am so blown away by the devastation. It's great that we are globally connected through technology and amazing all the footage that has been captured while the worst is happening but it makes it that much more real and you can't help but hurt for these people and their families. It's so sad.....

On a lighter note, I picked up all of my pieces that have been photographed for the Quilting Arts Magazine and special publication, 101 Patchwork Projects! It is so good to have all of them back. I'm going to have to get a move on and get my Etsy store up and running because you never know who might be interested!!! I hate to rush time, but I can't wait until both publications are out!!!

I have played a little digitally this week but haven't formed any new ideas from it. What is important is that I am revisiting the hundreds of images that I have collected from artwork I started making in 2008 and looking at them in a new light, fusing them with current images and seeing what happens with the mix. Here is a couple of shots of a leftover print of the outline of an orchid auditioned on top of a couple of unfinished journal pages. Light and unstructured...

Comments

MB Shaw said…
For some reason, this time change hit me harder than usual. I mean seriously, I can not continue to sleep so late lol.
So sorry to hear of your connection with the devastation in Japan. It is so horrible, such a tragedy.
Glad to hear you are enjoying my book, that is wonderful to hear :)