Back in town

Well, studio Sunday escaped me today but I did a lot of hand stitching on the road. It was a good break away from the sewing machine and computer and back-to-basics embellishment. Here are two little digital collages on fabric with screen-printed flowers and hand stitching. They are small experimental pieces approximately 4" x 11" (they print out nicely on one sheet 8 1/2 x 11).



Just before taking off on our weekend roadtrip to PA, I managed to add a little bit to this digital monoprinted piece which definitely helped define the forefront and depth of the image. I didn't realize just how flat the image had become until I added the additional fabric pieces. I'm not sure if there is anything more I can add to this but I will sneak a peak at it to see if calls to me. This week I hope to get to the blue/green digital monoprints to start developing those.


Spring rains are moving through and the temps are mild here. It will be good to see the Robins searching for worms since most of the snow has washed away and the grass is exposed. Think spring!!!!

Comments