And here we are at Sunday

I keep drawing and drawing....it's fun but my shading is not improving. Any ideas???? Next week in Misty Mawn's class "Stretching Within", we will be moving onto painting (watercolor and acrylics). I'm excited!!!! I still need to work on contour drawing and I haven't completed any of the written assignments as prompts to draw a picture but I plan to really focus today on some of that.

Below is my niece, Noelle, but as you can see, doesn't look anything like her. I'm going to try that one again as a line drawing with just a bit of shading.

Comments

Sue said…
These are fabulous!!! Love your stretching yourself and trying out something new. You asked for ideas on shading -- just a quick thought: don't think too much! forget the overall "image" and focus just on shading in what you see apart from what the bigger picture is. Don't be afraid to press that pencil hard -- contrast is key :-))))) Love you!!!!!!