November in New England

Well, the temperatures are finally dropping. I swear it was 27 F when I got out of my car at 9:00 pm last night. Brrrrr. We have had so much warmth here we have been spoiled. I really can't believe how fast time is passing. We are a week away from Thanksgiving and Christmas will arrive in no time. I've been super busy in the studio at night and on the weekends cranking out projects to submit to QA's 101 Patchwork Projects special publication. They extended the deadline to Nov 28th so I made one more project to submit. I have a feeling that even though they are beautiful and interesting, they will not exactly fit within their "patchwork" definition. Will have to wait and see.

I did a little painting on canvas this week. I surprised myself when I stopped playing with this one at midnight. It isn't finished yet and I'm waiting for it to talk to me....I think it needs a little text.



I need to once again explore new images on paper as it is a part of my process. The summer butterfly artwork is exhausted and I need to get back to the journal. I'm feel like I have so much to say but when I get to the paper, I know that what I would create would reveal too much. I really need to use symbols and images to express what I am feeling and make it not so obvious to others. I feel like the center of a wheel right now with so many spokes branching out from my solid center that are spinning all around me. Well, there you go. To the journal......

Comments