Transitions....

I can't help but look ahead to the fall. I am an autumn kind of person always feeling really connected to the change of seasons from summer to fall. Refreshing, renewing are just a couple of words I associate to this time of year. There was a point in time where fall left me really depressed. I think a few significant events had occurred in the fall season and even though I would look forward to the change, I was burdened with old ghosts and couldn't fully embrace what I loved about the season.

More so than any other season do I feel the opportunity to start again new in the fall. In one way, it is time to regroup. Time to wrap up and summarize like some fiscal year-end. But along with looking back comes a strong sense of looking forward and beginning anew. Today, I find myself wishing for these feelings of transition to begin. I know I won't feel the change until the leaves begin turning and the mornings become cool and crisp, but I will be here patiently waiting for it. Until then, I have to remind myself to live each day and find something beautiful in it. Today, I start with the Virtual Art Picnic, led by an amazing artist, woman and creator, Leah Piken Kolidas. I'm hoping to get a jump start on my autumn transition through letting go and playing with a group of other creative people. Check out Leah's website here.

Comments