Happy New Year......

Wow! So much time has passed since I last posted mostly due to the onset of the holidays which are now passed. Welcome 2009! I expect this to be a really good year for me; goals to set, school to finish, friends and family to focus on. One of the things that I usually fall short on is keeping in touch with those special connections made through all my artistic endeavors. My resolutions for this year include:



  • keeping in touch with my art friends


  • focusing more on the importance of family


  • reaching and stretching artistically and taking some risks


  • living in the moment

I usually get a little creative around holidays and this Christmas I began playing with a little jewelry making. Here are some of the results.


I gave some away as gifts to family and friends and I'm already working on a few more. Working with the wire is challenging but fun and relaxing. I wanted to try working with epoxy resin to embed images in to use as charms. I'll have to continue to work on that technique as most of my first round came out a little on the thick side. Still, it's a great way to create a center ornament.

I've got a lot of ideas to play with but once again, school starts back up after a nice few relaxing weeks off. Back to the books and finding that balance between what I have to do and what I want to do.

I hope everyone in your life is happy, healthy and ready for the expected and unexpected challenges of the new year!

Don't forget to feed and nourish your soul :)

Comments