Waiting...


I can't contain my excitement as I wait for my issue of Quilting Arts Magazine to arrive in my mailbox!!! I've been counting down the days til they hit the newsstand. October 1st!!! I'm already feeling the pressure of creating something different and better than the last project. It's so easy to get frozen and to let those negative thoughts take over making me think twice about my creative abilities. I have to force myself to stay focused and to continue to play. Afterall, one successful project doesn't make the artist.
It's official...summer is over when fall rolls in tomorrow. The leaves won't change here in Massachusetts until late October, but I'll be ready and waiting with my camera. I love this time of year and can't wait to don my heavy sweater and take walks through rustling leaves breathing in all the essence of the season. Of course, once all the leaves are down and we cycle into winter, the trees will take on their own beauty in stark contrast to new fallen snow.
I'm reading Kelly Rae Roberts' new book "Taking Flight" and it is fabulous! Contratulations Kelly on all your success. I bought a couple of prints from her when I was out at ArtFest in April and they are great!! I wish I had been able to head up to NH for the Squam Art Workshops but my finances were limited and I couldn't go. I've been reading the blogs and it sound like it was a success! I hope they decide to hold it next year and that it grows over time since we definitely need a strong workshop presence here in New England. I'm hoping to get down to Connecticut over Columbus Day Weekend to attend Art Is You 2008. The new management of this retreat has definitely surpassed expectations this year and I hope to be a part of it!
Keep your eye out for the October issue of Quilting Arts Magazine!!!!
Happy fall!!

Comments